Thursday, May 10, 2012

My goal with this investigation is to find the evidence of Big Foot.  Not to come into contact with Big Foot.  Just the size and a possible scary reaction have me cautious about coming face to face with one.  Remember I didn't sleep while on an expedition a couple of months before.  I was anxious about one touching my tent while I tried to sleep! 

I have my goal of what I want to do and my backpack packed.  I know the area I want to investigate.  Now what?  Where in my area do I start?  I went back to what I have learned about Big Foot:

Woods/Forest for cover
Like to travel ravines
Fresh water source
Food source such as deer or elk

So I did what I do best, ask questions to rangers and scouted around.  I am ready.  It made sense to look where the food and water sources are.  

Pay Dirt!



Off to the area where the deer are!  My husband and I was looking around a small ravine where a small stream trickled down to the creek.  There was still deep snow in the small ravine.  I was so busy looking at a possible tree break that I almost stepped into it.  My husband pointed out some old foot prints.  We knew they were old because there was snow on top of the tracks.  Four prints going down towards the creek.  The prints were in snow that was over 2 feet deep.  They looked like they were walking on a clothesline.  We measured from heel to the next heel.  144 inches between the first 2 steps and 137 inches between second and third.  No drag marks between prints.  Remember this is in 2 plus feet of snow.  We found deer and coyote tracks all around the prints.  The prints were too big and too far apart to be human plus the stride wasn't human.  Why would someone walk in deep snow and walk in a clothesline manner?  Wow!    



No comments:

Post a Comment