Sunday, May 20, 2012



Another Clueless Moment


In another area, I was searching for tree breaks one day.  I was very excited to find a new one.  As I turned away I encountered this.  There was snow all over except under a tee pee-type trees.  No visible prints.  Why would there be no snow under this?  There was snow everywhere else.  Here in Colorado, snow melts facing the south, sun melts it or something warms makes it melt.  This was in dense vegetation.  This is what I figured out so far with this: 

  • Being used by something warm or used enough that snow was never there.
  • The trees looked to be pushed into each other.  Some were in the ground but most were placed there.  Broken off and not cut.
  • Not too big.  At least 4 feet tall.
  • Ground was compacted.  The vegetation was flat and looked like something laid in it.
  • Not by any game trail. 
  • By some tree breaks.
  • Maybe used as a shelter?
I am clueless with this one.  It could be shelter for a undocumented North American bipedal primate.  My guess is that this could be a possibility or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment