Tuesday, May 8, 2012


February 2012 started my exploration of the unknown in a designated location.  I had gone on an expedition in the fall and had done some preliminary explorations in late fall and early winter at a couple of spots including the designated location.  I am determined to find proof that there are bipedal primates here in Colorado.  I have no hidden agenda with my searching.  I am simply wanting to discover for the joy of it. 

So now I have a place to explore.  What next?  What do I look for?  How will I know what I find is Bigfoot related?  Who will come with me?  What do I take with me?  How do I collect samples without contamination?  Thank goodness for some websites and a local investigator that was willing to share their knowledge.  Just ask questions.  That is what I do and I'm still asking.

I decided that being prepared is as important as finding evidence.  So I packed my backpack carefully.  I have an evidence collecting kit that holds bags, gloves, tweezers, measuring tape, magnify glasses and plaster.  I also have an emergency kit with essentials including a first-aid kit.  I have my journal w/pen, pocket knifes, maps, GPS, binoculars, compass, audio recorder and a digital camcorder that takes pictures and video.  I carry a water bladder and extra water in my pack.  Some stuff I carry in my pockets for easy reach.  My pack is a little heavy but I feel it is worth it. 

I think the first cardinal rule that many researchers commit is the lack of data when they encounter what they suspect is evidence.  Taking pictures, measuring and logging what you find in a journal is a must.  The time you spend doing this makes what you find credible and will help prove your find.  Talk is cheap.  You need to back it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment