But that changed somewhat when I heard the whoop. I felt a connection that I should at least try to extend a hand of friendship to this unseen forest dweller. How do you do this and not alarm this shy but curious primate? Or trigger an aggressive response?
I had to examine what my intentions were going to be. I refuse to let the lure of fame or fortune be a factor in my decision. Is this still a voyage of discovery? Or the thrill of trying to find proof of my research? What is my agenda with the Big Foot family that I suspect lives in my research area?
- Reach out to this primate in a non-threatening way that would foster trust.
- Have a positive and inquiring attitude in my research.
- Will not physically track Big Foot.
- Be respectful of Big Foot and their home range.
- Continue to look for physical evidence of their presence and to figure out their home range.