Thursday, May 24, 2012


I have been searching now for almost 2 months.  I have been lucky with some finds and clueless about some others and then not finding anything.  My expectations far exceed what I have been finding.  I will be honest.  I was expecting to find much more "stuff".  Reading sightings and information on the web had me thinking that the evidence of Big Foot would be relatively easy to spot if you just went to the right spot in the forest.  I had to rethink my expectations.  When you think about almost 1 million acres and only a few hundred to thousand biped primates in that forest.  The chances are very slim.  I now have decided if I am ever lucky and see one I will go out and buy a lottery ticket.

Researching and searching now for many months has made a profound effect on my life that I didn't expect.  It has turned into a passion.  I have to be very careful that this doesn't take over every aspect of my life.  I have family and obligations.  The need to go out is very strong and I think about it all the time.  My weekends are centered around where and when I will go out searching.  Thank goodness my husband is willing to share this with me.  He likes to hike and I like to search.  A beautiful combination.

The one thing that I have in my favor is the folks who give me advice on my search.  The community of Big Foot researchers that I talk with are the best.  They have been willing to point out background noise (just shadow) and other things that happen in nature that is not Big Foot related.  Learning to read the woods through trial and error is going to happen but having experienced researchers who share help minimize the errors.

In the next post I will be sharing an experience I encountered while searching.  It was very unnerving and still has me a bit unsettled when I think about it.  Until then clueless will be searching some more.


No comments:

Post a Comment