Monday, May 14, 2012


I was lucky to find the old snow prints when I did.  By the next weekend the snow was gone.  Now that there is no snow where would I find prints?  The ground here is not the best to spot foot prints.  Hard, compacted and lots of debris.  What about tree breaks?  I was shown some old tree breaks and how to look for certain characteristics.  There is so much wind damage to the trees in this area it is hard to figure out what is made by wind or made by a primate.  Remember I'm clueless about big footing.  Searching is not easy.  You have to be very careful that you don't make the mistake of thinking every break or tree damage is done by Big Foot.  At least here it would be a 24/7 job!  I don't think they make random tree breaks.  What is the point of doing that?

I decided to explore where there is water.  The ground would be softer and animals need to drink.  I bought a book on native wildlife of Colorado that showed foot prints.  I liked it because they showed different angles and half prints that the wildlife may make.  The first thing I did was search it for Big Foot prints.  In my opinion this book is incomplete.  Helpful but lacking.  I hope that some day I will be able to see their prints in books such as this one.  I know the day is coming soon.

I found many prints but nothing that remotely looked like a huge barefoot human-type print.  Oh well, that is the nature of searching.  You are not going to find something every time you look.  I think I will be learning patience and endurance in this endeavor.

No comments:

Post a Comment