Monday, August 13, 2012


The first part of June was an exciting month.  My husband and I would visit 3-4 times each week.  To see if anything else happened.  We would whistle and announced ourselves as we went in.  Sometimes we would hear knocks, whoops or rustling close by.  We had stick formations and gifts of rocks, feathers or twigs left for us.  I brought all types of fruit including strawberries several times.  I usually announced what I brought.  The third time I brought strawberries.  I left them in the bowl.  I whooped, knocked a few times.  I yelled that they were strawberries.  We heard movement very close to us to our left and behind us.  After the last knock I heard a grunt very close to me.  It seemed like it wanted me to leave so he/she could eat the strawberries.  We quickly left.  Just before we completely vacated the area we heard 3 distinct rapid knocks.

The 3 pictures I have posted are very special and hard to believe.  We had left some apples in a paper bowl with a new beaded necklace around it.  We came back and there was no bowl or fruit.  As you can see in the 1st picture.  I climbed a taller boulder close to the gifting rock because I noticed the necklace was moved and I wanted to see it clearly.  I was amazed!  It was put in the heart shape.  Honest, cross-my-heart, this was the way I found it.  This is the 2nd picture.  As I was taking this picture my husband found the bowl.  It was placed in a space at the base of the gifting rock behind the branches we placed to deter deer.  That is the 3rd picture.  We were flabbergasted! 

I'm telling you this bipedal primate is smart, human smart.  This is not the only time they have floored us with their intelligence. 

SQUATCHING!  I'M LOVING IT!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment