Sunday, August 19, 2012



My husband and I went every chance we could.  Before the weather became HOT, we would go in the morning or evening or the middle of the day.  We were never sure what we would find.  We always stopped at the gifting rock before venturing around the area.

One Saturday morning we decided to travel up behind the gifting rock.  It was steep and rugged.  Up we went.  We kept winding up at dead end spots where we would have to back track and try another angle.  Eventually we climbed up to the top of the cliffs.  It was nice to rest and look around.  We explored a bit and then had to climb back down.  It was so much easier to go up than down!

As we came down, we noticed a huge flat rock.  There was some tree breaks and fence posting type of breaks around it.  We climbed over them and came to the rock.  It was perfect.  We sat on it for a while and then left some fruit in a bowl for our friends.  I knocked and whooped a few times.  As I walked around this rock I noticed some sticks and branches piled up at the end of the rock.  I didn't think too much because it rained hard a couple of nights ago and figured it was rain debris that got caught up between the rock and trees.

We went around the rock on the other side to follow the game trail.  As we started to walk down I noticed some branches and sticks laying against some big logs coming out of the end of the rock.  I told my husband to stop.  I think that it is a structure right there.  He said that it probably was rain debris.  I said no, this looked to be made by something or someone.  As I took pictures and my husband video taped it, we had chills running down our necks.

This was a massive nest/structure!  The interior was 6ft x 10ft.  One tree was bent down and anchored to another tree.  Logs used for the roof that was anchored by branches and other logs.  Nothing with saw or ax marks.  Broken and peeled material used.  Branched, twigs and sticks woven in to make the walls and roof.  A bunch of sticks and branches then layered on the top.  This is what I saw from the other side of the rock and thought was rain debris!

This structure was so well made with the surrounding material you cannot see it until you are almost on top of it.  It is well hidden.  Guess where?  Next to a stream in a ravine. 

How could a person make this without saws or axes and move the logs around without equipment in a remote and steep area?  This was not made by a person or persons.  Something big, strong and with intelligence.

OMG!  I told you that this family of Big Foot was smart, human smart.  I never know what else I will find. 

Maybe I should tell you in the next blog about them teasing my husband and I.  I think they are curious about us as much as we are about them.

SQUATCH ON!  The adventure continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment