Saturday, February 23, 2013


Today was an exciting day for me.  For 2 weeks I was on pins and needles for today to come.  Almost a year ago I took a report from a family.  That area where this report happened has a long history of BigFoot activity.  A few weeks after getting the report I had driven by the neighborhood to get a feel of the area.  I was almost giddy with BigFoot fever.  There was some property adjacent to the sighting that caught my attention.  Ever since that day I have been wanting to go and explore it.  Being very close to Pike National Forest, lots of trees, a water source and having a good-sized ravine bisects the property were major factors of why I wanted to get in there.  The property is what I would call a VERY, VERY SQUATCHY spot.

Due to some luck, knowing the right people and having the right connections made my wish happen at this location!  2 other investigators and I went in and did a preliminary exploration of the property.  We found enough evidence of their presence for us to establish a new research area.

Now my time will be stretched between my main research spot, urban squatching and now this new spot.  My plan is to visit each spot once a month with my main research spot maybe 2 times a month.  I have a full schedule of squatching for this year.  I kinda like having this type of problem.  When I first started out over a year ago I was by myself, I had no spot or where to look and lots of time.

If the weather does not cooperate for tomorrow I will have to postpone my trip to my main research spot.  My plan was to go with gifts of food and check for signs of them.  I was looking forward to spending time there and make my presence known in a respectful manner. 

Squatch On!   

No comments:

Post a Comment