Saturday, February 16, 2013




 

 

A couple of weeks ago I received a call one Friday evening to go out exploring the next day with some fellow researchers.  My husband and I went.  The opportunity to go was too irresistible.  I am glad I went.  Tired but glad. 
 
3 years ago a sighting was reported and explored.  This time the goal was to climb up and see if there was new evidence.  This spot was very steep and rough.  Great views of the rocky mountains though.
 
The guys climbed up while I slipped and crawled up.  All along the way we were encountering old tree breaks.  At one spot where the trail branched off into 2 directions we found an arch.  A very big arch.  When we went to the right just beyond the arch we found a tee pee type tree break.  This is the first time I have seen something like this.  I don't know what it means but then most of the breaks I am clueless about.  I have some theories but they are only guesses.  I'm just adding this one to my clueless list.
 
About 3/4 of the way up we stopped to eat and rest.  It was in a clearing and one of the researchers wanted to show us the big stump that was pushed over.  He suspected it was done by one of our forest friends.  The stump was huge.  Just before we came to this clearing I started to notice that there was some pine cones on some stumps next to the trail.  We found 4 stumps in different locations along the way.  ???  Again I am clueless but intrigued.
 
As we climbed back down at a different spot I knew we were going the right way.  Again we were encountering tree breaks along the game trail.  Our forest friends used the same pathways. 
 
While exploring we found 2 structures in different locations.  All the evidence we found was old.  Nothing new.  The trip did not find any more new evidence but it did give me new photos of evidence to add to my collection.  The opportunity to go out exploring with fellow researchers is priceless.  
 
Onward I go exploring this amazing but elusive bipedal primate.
 
Squatch On! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment