Sunday, June 2, 2013


I popped into my research area one morning this week hoping to see if I would get more of the static and clicking that I had experienced the last 2 times I was there.  To my disappointment I did not have any.  I am pretty sure that the circumstances have changed enough that the need to do this is not needed. 
  • There is now leaves on the trees and foliage.  It is easier to move around almost undetected.  Even though they did not have problems doing this before but now it is impossible for me to see very far.  
  • I have not been in this area very much until now because I wanted to give them space while it was cold and wintery.
  • I now use another entry spot to go into the area.  This leaves less signs of me for other people to spot.  Plus I now go into the area that is closer to the nest and not as close to the gifting rock.  I probably had put them on high alert by doing this but now that I have consistently done this they are familiar with this new routine.
  • I always announce my presence into the spot with my voice and whistling. 
The last time I was in there I had climbed onto this big boulder and used it to rest and as an advantage looking spot.  I am pretty sure they use it too.  There are stick structures and stick signs all around it.  In fact the photo above is a new one that was on the pathway I used to get to the boulder.  There were several new stick signs left for me.  This area reminds me of the gifting rock spot.  I have decided to use this boulder as my staging spot when I venture in.  My plan is to leave them answers to their sign/structures like I have done previously at the gifting rock.  It should be interesting and exciting.  My plan is to have them get comfortable with me.  I will not divulged my details because there are many out there who would use this information which may not be in the best interests of my forest friends.  Suffice to say that I plan on using classic primate behavior to accomplish this.

So my friends the journey continues.

SQUATCH ON!  

No comments:

Post a Comment