Tuesday, June 25, 2013



I did a little urban squatching on Sunday with a young man who is very interested in Sasquatch.  I took him to 2 local parks in the Denver Metro area.  We found some evidence and I was able to show him how to look.  It was a fun day.

As I have said before in previous posts that I am never sure what to expect and that happened on this outing.  My expectations were to find some breaks and if we are lucky a print.  I did not expect to find something that I had found a year ago in another location about 35 miles away. 

At a campground last July, another investigator and I had a very unnerving experience with a 9 inch rock thrown at us while sitting at the picnic table and then they stalked us for 1 1/2 hours when we went to bed.  The next morning I had found charcoal scattered in our fire pit and pieces of charcoal outside the fire ring on the ground going towards the fence.  It looked like pieces were dropped.  I was able to follow the pieces to the fence.  I had surmised that our forest friends after trying to intimidate us for 1 1/2 hours which they did, grabbed some charcoal to take with them and had accidently dropped some.  There are medicinal benefits to charcoal.

On Sunday while at a urban park I found some bits and pieces of charcoal on the ground where I wasn't expecting it.  I was on a pathway walking by a densely foliated ravine.  It was what I would call a very squatchy spot.  I looked at the charcoal carefully.  There were several small pieces going into the squatchy spot.  It looked like the charcoal was dropped.  FYI-This is a day use only park so there is no camping.  I noticed across the meadow that a large tree was burnt.  It looked like it was hit by lightning.  There was no evidence of fire spreading past the tree. 

What are the odds for me to find something like this again?

It is stuff like this that makes the evidence more compelling.  I love it.

SQUATCH ON!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment