Saturday, June 8, 2013

Life has gone a full circle for me in regards to Big Footing.  Some family friends came out for a visit and wanted me to take them out to do some squatching.  They live in Michigan and want to start doing this in their beautiful state.  It was kinda weird to have someone ask me on how to go out and look.  I still feel like I'm clueless in this endeavor but the learning curb is getting bigger.  Anytime someone wants to go out and wants to include me, I'm game. 

We took them to a spot that SIR has been investigating for many years.  I was hoping that we would find some new tree breaks and maybe a fence posting.  If we were lucky we would hear some knocks and a whoop.  Well, the group of forest people in this location did much more than this.  Kala and Kurtis got an avalanche of learning from only 2 days of squatching.  What we saw/happen/found there in those 2 days would take most people years to experienced.

We were exploring an area that is called the lair.  As we went down away from the lair we were in a narrow pathway ringed by tall giant boulders on both sides.  Kala found, yes, she found 3 hairs while on the pathway!  Two brown hairs were clinging to the left on the boulders about 5 feet high.  She also found a nice black one 10 feet away on a bush on the right side of the pathway.  It was about 4 feet high.  It was not ours and it was too high for animals.  I could not believe it! 

That evening we had eye shine over by the area where we leave food for them.  It was exciting and a bit unnerving for them.  How do you explain this?  This is one of those things that you need to experience first hand to fully understand it.  Seeing twinkling lights that blink on and off and also move that is not in the sky is hard to comprehend.  The best way to describe them is LED lights that can change colors from red to white or get very bright or larger suddenly and then back to twinkling.

There was a print found and I cast it.  I am waiting for it to cure.  We ventured into an area that hasn't been explored before.  We found many interesting things.  I felt like I was taking pictures the whole time.  My husband at one point heard bipedal foot steps leave quickly.  When there was only me in that spot I heard a tree break behind me up on the rocks.  For a few minutes I heard knocks and rock clacks behind and to the right of me.  I answered back with knocks and whoops.  I knew they were watching me.  When there was no more knocks or clacks I left.

As we were exploring there at this location I was seeing many stick signs and structures that are similar to what I have seen/experienced at my research spot.  I was excited because this is a form of communication and it seemed like those areas have significance to them.  I took many pictures and now speaking with a friend who has more knowledge on this.  The preliminary feedback has validated that my instincts were correct.

I am anxious to go back.  I feel at this location that they are reaching out to SIR.  It is my hope that we will answer back the right way and in respect.  Our forest friends need friends in our human world that has their best interests as a priority.  They are not a meal ticket for us to profit from or for fame.  What they need is protection to live the way they have been without interference from our society.

SQUATCH ON!   

No comments:

Post a Comment