Friday, March 15, 2013

 
Truth only reveals itself when one gives up
all preconceived ideas.  ~Shoseki
 
 
I have been very lucky with trying to find spots where our forest friends may be located.  Since I know nothing and ignorant of the Big Foot community it has made my methods a bit outside of the box.  My cluelessness actually has made this a blessing since I don't know better.  I have previously told you about finding clues of BigFoot activity in campgrounds and forested areas used by people.  Most people assume that majority of BigFoot is found in the most remote spots.  I tend to think otherwise.  I am not saying that they are not in the remote spots.  I am saying that they are everywhere with the right conditions and to not write-off areas you would think are too urban or heavily used by people.  This is the criteria I use when looking for spots :
  • Use data obtained from sightings reported to well-known sites.  I would look at maps when reading the sightings.  I have all the detailed maps of the National Forests here in Colorado.  I also have topographical maps of favorite spots too.  It helps if there are at least 3 sightings within a few miles from each other. 
  • How urban is the area?  How the properties and homes are located in the area and how they are situated to forests and water source is important.  Is there an opportunity to stay hidden?
  • Is there a place to go to that is a safe haven?
  • What type of terrain?  Hilly?  Steep?  Are there ravines that naturally can be used to navigate the area?  Is there a water source within the ravine or next to it?  I feel that a major factor in locating BigFoot is looking at ravines and how they are situated.
  • If I was a BigFoot would I be comfortable being there?  Would I feel safe and have enough to eat?
  • Where is the food source?  Here in Colorado many of the outlying suburbs is teeming with deer.  We have a mountain lion that lives in the open space that is located right next to my neighborhood!  It has been spotted and I personally have seen its tracks while out walking my dog.
  • Does the place seem "squatchy?"  I know this sounds a bit off the wall but with me it works.  It is hard to describe.  When I look around I am trying to read what the forest is trying to tell me.  If the signs are there then it is squatchy.  Other investigators who have gone out with me will say that I do this all the time.
I have used these criteria with great success.  It helped me find evidence in my main research and also to find my new research spot.  I have used it to go into areas while out exploring and able to find good evidence and to cast a couple of prints. 
What is fascinating about doing this is trying to use my intelligence and imagination to figure out this human smart being.  I am banking on the humanity aspect of this bipedal primate to forge a curiosity that compels them to reach out to me.
Squatch On my Friends!  Squatch On!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment