Saturday, September 29, 2012


I know it is hard to see but there is a strawberry on the ground between the 2 boulders.  Why would I post this picture?  In the past I have stated that I think Big Foot watch my husband and I when we come.  This is another instance that corroborates this.  We had gifted some strawberries and grapes on this day when we first went in.  A couple of hours later when we were leaving, we decided to swing by the gifting rock to see if they had taken the fruit.  Remember I had posted about them leaving a marble for us a few months ago.  This time when we were almost to the rock I had been talking loudly and making a lot of noise to announce our presence.

I found one of the strawberries out of the bowl, on the rock in front of the bowl.  There was another strawberry missing.  We looked around and there was the strawberry on the ground.  No teeth marks or bites.  It looked like it was dropped.  When we looked around it looked like it dropped when we arrived.  We put the 2 strawberries back in the bowl and said loudly that we were leaving.  Then we left.

On this research venture we had climbed around the area for 2 hours.  We found some new arches and tree breaks.  Up behind some huge boulders by the cliffs we saw a stick placed against a rock.  There was another stick that looked like it was used for something because it was peeled and sharpened lying under the rock next to the stick leaning against the rock.  I looked at the top of the rock and found an impression!  I was stumped.  I knew it wasn't a footprint.  I thought perhaps  knuckle but it did not look right to be one.  I walked around it and looked at it from different angles.  Then I put my left hand over the impression.  It was a hand print!  At least 2 inches longer than mine and 2 inches wider.  The thumb was lower and much longer than mine.  It reminded me of the hand print I found by the stream in early spring.  Just bigger.

I found another stick leaning against another huge boulder.  I climbed a boulder next to it to see if there was anything up on it.  I could not get onto the boulder.  I could see another impression but could not get close enough.  I used my binoculars but still couldn't tell what it was.  All I know that it was an impression.  Very frustrating!

Off and on we had been hearing some movements around us and I heard some knocks and rock clacking when we were looking.  This is usually occurs when we look around.  We decided to follow a game trail down.  My husband found some feces!  They looked human but huge!  They were buried in some soft soil next to the trail.  It was not mountain lion or bear feces.  It smelled bad.  As we were going down the trail when the wind blew towards our back my husband kept commenting on smelling something foul.  I couldn't smell anything because I had broken my nose a few weeks before and can't smell anything.

This is the first time one of us could smell something that may be Big Foot related.  The feces we found wasn't bear, mountain lion, coyote, fox, bobcat, deer or elk.  It looked human but was too big. 

This trip was very interesting.  It was one of those times where we suspect what it is but not experienced enough to know for sure.  Thank goodness for cameras and audio recorders.  They help  keep a solid record of what we are finding.

I will continue my education of this bipedal primate.

SQUATCH ON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment