Saturday, September 22, 2012


 
From the middle of June through the third week of September, it was HOT here in Colorado.  The research area is very rugged and steep.  I only went a few times.  I also think Big Foot was not in the area too much because of the hot weather.  There was not much action happening when I did go.  Even though I was not there at the research spot much I did learn some new research ideas and techniques.  I will be applying these this fall. 
 
In the pictures I have posted you will notice double tree breaks.  Show of force?  Boundaries for the nest?  Keep out?  FYI-the breaks are located not too far from the massive nest I found.  There were other breaks on the other side of the ravine but not like this.  The big break is about 10 feet tall.  The smaller one is about 5 feet tall.  
 
Now that it is getting cooler I will be researching more.  I am hoping to figure out the purpose of these breaks.  My plan is to map out the location of the breaks with the massive nest.  I think it will show the nest in the middle and a pattern of types of breaks in correlation to the nest.  I will need to do this before we get too much snow.  I can't wait to see what it looks like. 
 
The one thing about this research is the guesswork involved.  When I have made some deductions on my research it is gratifying to find out from other researchers that I am on the right track.  It is important to have a network of others so you can compare notes and see if there are similarities. 
 
I have a long way before I feel competent in my endeavors.  I have so much to learn.  The mystery of Big Foot is not easy.  It would be nice if they were not so hard to find and watch.  They like to stay in the shadows and out of sight. 
 
Oh well, any endeavor that is easy is not as fulfilling as when you have to work hard at it.  The thrill of finding and discovering is additive and keeps you going. 
 
Onward I go! 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment