Saturday, October 6, 2012

 
 
Last weekend my husband and I went in and explored one of the areas we have been interested in.  Finding the nest and the hot weather had pushed that back until now.  FYI-We are now going into the area where we had found back in December/January some breaks and fence posting that I feel is a "Keep Out" sign to all.  We were not sure how to start.  Do we go right into the area directly across from the nest?  Do we start from the cliffs and work our way down?  Or do we start from the bottom and go where the signs tell us?  I felt we had to tread lightly and respectfully.  The nest was close by and we did not want to trigger any aggressive behaviors.  We decided to start from the bottom and to go where the signs lead us.  We walked and whistled the first hour in there.  Casually we just looked for signs of them in the area.  We found impressions, 2 foot prints, tree breaks, a small structure, knocks, I was grunted at and had seen some movements a couple of times.  This area is even more steep and rugged than where we were before.  We had to watch carefully where we stepped or we were going to be at the bottom the hard way. 
 
The pictures I have posted are some of the breaks we found.  We were in there for 4-5 hours.  I am not sure what to make of this area.  Is this part of their home base?  Is it used daily or a pass through?  We found a spot where you could get up onto the cliffs easily.  We felt this is a well used path by the signs of wildlife we saw there.
 
What is intriguing about squatching is how you keep asking yourself more questions as you explore.  Sometimes as you explore the answers are answered by asking more questions.  I don't know if this makes sense but that is how this clueless person is trying to make sense of what she is finding.  I hope the mysteries of our world is never quite answered.  The thrill of trying to solve is very addictive.  It leaves you wanting to find out more.  You are never sure what you will find next. 
 
I hope all who reads my posts will go out and explore like me.  There are many mysteries just waiting.  I invite you to join me in this mystery of Big Foot or to find your own path.  Good luck.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment