Sunday, July 29, 2018

Robin was a Nervous Ninny at Roo's Place!


Lets  just say that I was a bit nervous going to bed at Roo's Place this weekend.  It was the first time back since I was touched twice two weekends ago.  I did not think much about it until we went to bed.

Let me tell you what had happened there at Roo's Place this weekend.  I would call it an average weekend but it still turned out to be interesting with some physical evidence.  Jon had suggested once he heard the fire ban was lifted that we should go camping.  You know me.  So we did.  I know most people are not happy when they go camping to have rain but we were.  To see moisture all this week and then on our way up to Roo's Place made my heart happy.  It was heart breaking when I went earlier to Roo's Place and it was so dry.  Even the small spring in one of the ravines had dried up this spring which we have never seen before.

We had set up our camp and then the clouds rolled in again so we decided to sit it out in the car.  We kept the windows down until it rained real hard.  At one point Roo had started to do her grumble growl, sniffing the air and was watching the tree line to the right of the car.  I looked but was not able to see anything.  Which seems to be normal.  LOL  Probably 5-10 minutes after this a big buck comes out of the tree line in front of us.  He was so cautious and nervous!  He was acting like he knew something was up but could not figure out where.  He walked right into where Roo was looking.  Another buck followed after the first one.  He was acting the same way.



 Once everything was dry enough to explore I went and checked several spots that I have been having things going on.  I went over to the glyph area to see if there were any changes and I could not detect anything but noticed something was added across from where I have had some exchanges.  There was a quartz rock right by a tree where in the past during the first and second summer I had been doing some exchanges with some glyphs right by an asterisk.  Since then the asterisk has disappeared and the exchanges moved to the current spot where my daughter Jennifer had made the first move to share.  I was gifted with a piece of quartz!  What I found interesting was there was no way there should have been a piece of quartz there.   I Know because I looked at the spot two weekends before and it was not there.  In June, I had done some rock hounding with my friends from Nebraska at a spot not too far from Roo's Place when they came for a visit.  Also I was told Cassie was gifted with quartz from the group the night before they left to go back to Nebraska but they did not say anything about finding some quartz here at this spot.  I think Cassie was not the only one gifted with some beautiful quartz.  I love rocks so getting one makes it special.   

     
What a great way to start my weekend!  I went and looked for marbles but to be honest I was not expecting to find any.  It has been raining for over a week and likely if there were any they would have washed down into the bottom of the ravine.  Jon and I had heard what we thought were soft wood knocks off and on and then suddenly Jon asked me, "Do you think it is a clap instead of a knock?"  What we were hearing was not real loud and did not sound like wood on wood.  So Jon went into the trees over by one spot where we were hearing what we thought were knocks and did a clap.  It sounded exactly like what we were hearing!  I am thinking the softer sound is a clap instead of a wood knock.  I am amazed at how inventive they are and wonder if they change things up to see how we react?  Maybe to see if we notice the difference and how we will respond.

Once it got dark things did get a bit intense.  It hadn't been like this in a while.  Roo grumbled, growled, whined and tried to get into our laps many times.  I was hearing movements around us.  Roo watched all around and actually did some growls and a small woof at one point.  I took some pictures.  The first ones was without the flash with her trying to get in Jon's lap and then I used the flash when she would not sit or lay down but walked between Jon and I for a while.

     As you can see she was a very worried dog.  I am pretty sure they came up real close to us when she did her "woof".  The next morning I found a 12 inch right foot print when it stepped into one of the run-off spots about 20 feet in front of our tent and fire pit.  It had toes but it is hard to see the toes because that part of the foot was on pine litter.

Where you see my blue water bottle on the left was the 12 inch right print.  There was another print not as clear that was a left  foot 12 inch print.  I measured heel to heel and it was 37 inches apart.  A small stride but in a clothes line pattern.

But that was not the only print I found!  I found 16  inch one over by where Jonathan a friend of mine who camped with me a couple of weekends before and saw the red eye shine.   It had also stepped into one of the run-offs from the rain.  


Both of those prints were probably from the night before.  They were not there before it got dark.  Hmmm...Roo was telling me they were close.  LOL

So when I went to bed I was so nervous!  I was not expecting that.  I eventually made Jon get up and move closer to the door so I could move my cot to the middle of the tent.  Jon and I both heard something walk up to the tent and sniffed our tent.  Other than that nothing happened except for my imagination.  LOL  The next morning I found some deer tracks over by the fire pit.  It could have been deer or something tall and hairy that came up to the tent and sniffed.  

Even though nothing happened to me in the tent this time it was OK.  It helped me to get my courage back.  To all who think I am fearless now know I am not so fearless.  I just try to swallow my fears and stand my ground or in this case keep in the middle of the tent.  LOL

So until next time my friends...

SQUATCH ON!  


1 comment:

  1. Roo definitely looks worried in the photos. Poor baby! They are feeling comfortable around you.

    ReplyDelete