Monday, July 4, 2016

The 4th at Roo's Place


Collect
MOMENTS
Not Things

As I sit here thinking of my 4th of July weekend at Roo's Place, all I can think of is how my journey has blessed me with some good friends.  One such friend is Harriett McFeely.  She and her husband Dick had visited us at Roo's Place last Labor Day weekend.  My, how things have changed in such a short time.  Her husband Dick who saw eye shine for the first time there has recently passed away.  It was good to see her and share my time with her.  Let me tell you how we met.  LOL  It is always amazing how friends first meet:

I had gone to a Bigfoot Conference in 2014 in Honobia, Oklahoma.  Two of my fellow Sasquatch Investigators were speaking there and I had wanted to go and be there for it.  While there this older lady had approached me and introduced herself.  I then had talked to her for a few minutes.  I thought what a nice lady.  She then came up to me another time and wanted to ask me a question.  I told her "sure".  Harriett then asked if she could hire me to take her out Bigfooting.  I was very surprised.  I was not expecting that.  I told her "no" but I would love to take her out some time in Colorado.  I explained to her that this was a labor of love I was doing and I won't take her money.  So I invited her to a woman's campout in later on in the year I was hosting in Colorado for a few friends.  She was so excited and drove all by herself to Colorado to the campout.  That was how our friendship had started.  I now have a wonderful friend who is brave, curious and intelligent.

I had talked to Harriett and invited her out to Roo's Place for the 4th of July weekend.  She came and stayed with us for the weekend there.  It was a great time.

I have stated in my earlier posts how we don't have things going on every time we go.  This weekend was one of those.  I did have something walk up to the tent right by my head and stand there.  Also we had small pebbles and cones thrown at the tent all night long on Friday night.  Other than that not much else.

We had rain the whole weekend.  Only on Monday, July 4th did we have clear skies.  So it was a very wet and cool weekend.  I think everyone including our forest friends stayed out of the rain.  It was a weekend of friendship and enjoying nature while trying to keep dry.

I was able to take Harriett out on Saturday morning before it started to rain again to show her how to tell the difference between naturally made tree structures and purposely made tree structures.  That to me is very important because if you don't know the difference then everything is Bigfoot related.  Which in fact it is the opposite.  It is a naturally made tree structure until you cannot figure out how it was done AND maybe it can be Bigfoot related.  That is a big difference.

So my friends I am sorry there is not much in regards to our forest friends in this post but I will have times where there is not much.  I would like to dedicate 2016 year to Dick McFeely here at Roo's Place.  Before he had passed away he was so excited about seeing eye shine here at Roo's Place.  He had shared this "Aha" moment with all until he died.  

"Think of all the beauty still left around you
and be happy"  ~Anne Frank~

So my friends until we meet again...

SQUATCH ON!   

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much robin, for allthe kindness and patience that you showed Dick and I

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel blessed to have you as a friend and knowing Dick. Roo really liked him even when she was still scared of men.

    ReplyDelete