Sunday, June 26, 2016

What a Great Way to End June at Roo's Place


Back in the beginning of 2011, I had no idea that I would take a journey of discovery about Bigfoot.  It has opened my eyes to our world we call earth.  Which is still filled with many mysteries and wonders just waiting for us to discover.  My one regret was not doing this sooner but maybe I wasn't ready until now.  Even now I still marvel at how my journey continues to change and expand.  A year ago I would not have thought I would be writing about this spot called Roo's Place.  I truly believe certain things happen for a reason.

One major aspect I have learn in this endeavor was to not expect anything.  Just go out there and enjoy yourself.  The second thing is to be patient and low key.  This species as a whole I would consider shy and elusive.  I truly believe they have adapted to stay away from us.  Is it a total success?  No.  The reports and stories we have that has been shared for hundreds of years tell us they are not quite perfect in this endeavor.  Why couldn't they be?  I think because they are primates.  Primates are curious, inventive, and very adaptive.  So why should we be surprised they have been able to hide in plain sight here in North America?  In Colorado?

I wanted to go back to Roo's Place ASAP after the last weekend we had there.  I had to wait until this weekend to go back.  I went to another location last week with some close friends so this weekend was first time back.  I was able to get off of work early and go up on Friday.  The weather this whole weekend was unpredictable and we had a lot of storms roll through.  When I got there I had to wait for the weather to clear to put the tent up.  I brought extra tarps and our sunshade just in case.  I am glad I did.  Once it cleared up I started to put the tent up.  After I had made my whistle call that I usually use, Roo ran back to the car.  I then let her relax in the car while I put the tent up.  I think she has learned that the whistle means they are coming.  So I rather have her feel secure while I am busy setting up the camping equipment then to have her all anxious following me around.  I did hear a knock to my left, then one in front of me, then one to my right.  Then one from the left again.  It seemed to me they were knocking and answering each other.  At this point I suspect there were 3 close by.  I continued to put the camp together.  Once I did I let Roo out and she looked around and kept close to me.  It started to storm again so I went and sat in my car to wait it out.  Then my husband arrived and we had a campfire.  Nothing really happened other than Roo watching certain spots and then do her talk.  She wasn't upset but more watchful.

The next morning, we decided to explore the ridge back behind the camp.  I suspect they come up through there to watch us.  Roo seems to watch that area the most.  Plus that is where I have found most of the prints.  We found a cool X at the top of the ridge almost exactly straight behind our camp spot.


We found some more structures but had to get back before the weather hit.  We made it back in time.  We sat in our tent and watched the weather.  With the sunshade shielding the front of the tent we were able to watch the storm.  A little while after the storm ended while sitting in the tent and looking out, I saw a very dark upright shape watching us.  I asked my husband if he had his binoculars in the tent because mine was in the car in my backpack.  He said yes.  I told him to get it out but I was going to keep my eye on the shape.  While he was getting it out I glanced to my cot and then looked back.  It was gone!  I looked through the binoculars but all I saw was the tree it was standing in front of.  My husband said I should have showed him the dark shape first so he could have had his first sighting!  I told him I was sorry that I didn't think of that.  I then showed him where it was standing.  Then he went out and went to the spot.  He yelled if it was his size and I said he was way smaller!  He then raised his arm and it was about the height.  I then used the range finder for the distance.  It was 66 yards away.  When he walked back we measured his arm raised.  It was about 7 feet tall!  We then walked back there to look for prints.  We found none.  We did have some knocks off and on the rest of Saturday but nothing more except for the small print I found by my car.  I suspect it was a juvenile since it was about 10 inches.  You could see the toes in the print.  It was coming up from the ravine to the right of the camping spot.  It had stepped in the soft area by my car.  This happened sometime on Saturday.  It was not there on Saturday morning.


Sunday morning after we had packed the cars we walked down to the structure where we leave gifts of food.  I had left some bacon and a hot dog for them on Saturday night.  I also left a blue marble for them in the log in front of the structure.  We noticed that most of the bacon, the hot dog and the marble was still there.  It did looked like some of the bacon was taken though.  We heard a rustle and then a knock to our left.  It was pretty close.  We decided to leave and was walking back up when my husband noticed a ORANGE MARBLE on the ground!!!!!!!  If you have read any of the previous posts you will know about the marble thing and also previously one of them was orange.  This is my second orange marble from them.  I have my guesses about this orange marble but I or my husband was not expecting to find another marble AND for it to be orange. 





So I took the orange marble and thanked them for the gift.  Now I am wondering if one was watching to see if we would find the marble.  I am sure it saw our reaction.  I don't know who was more surprised or excited about the marble.  Me or my husband.  Normally he is very low key and had questions about me finding marbles there.  Now he was the first one to spot this one and it made him think about the other times I had found the marbles.  Hmmm.... 

So I am done with this chapter of my adventure.  I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.  I am not sure what to expect the next time I go there.  That is what makes it so addicting.  Its those unexpected and head scratching things that happen that make you want more.

SQUATCH ON MY FRIENDS...   



 



     

 

  

2 comments:

  1. I am thoroughly enjoying reading of your encounters. And the adventure continues....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thank you. I have found I like to write. Maybe not a novel but blogs seemed the perfect fit for me.

      Delete