Monday, September 30, 2013


This endeavor has been a major labor of love.  When I first started out, my family did not know what to think.  My husband started going out on some of my investigations so I wasn't by myself all the time.  When he found the 17 inch print over a year ago he was more enthusiastic and open to this idea of a possible bipedal primate.  Now he has no doubt.  The evidence and our investigations have convinced him.

With this in mind, we went exploring for a new investigation spot for this winter.  We wanted a spot that we both found and will research together.  Where do we look?  How will we know it is the spot for us?  If you have read my earlier posts I have outlined several criteria that I usually use in my investigations.  So far they have not failed.  I will briefly list how we found this new spot.  I added a couple of new criteria due to my factoring in the Colorado winters.

  • I used locations of reported sightings.  I know of 3 in this area.
  • Geography of the terrain.  Ravines?
  • Food source such as deer or elk in area.
  • Relatively easy accessibility for vehicles.  Is the road maintained during the winter?  How steep and rugged is the road?  How close to the main highway and is there a town somewhat close by?
  • Signs of their presence in this location?
The above picture is at one of the spots we explored.  It had all of the above criteria and had many signs we were looking for.  It shows a lot of promise.  Hopefully it delivers.

So my friends I will keep you posted with this spot and my first love, my original spot.  I hope this winter while you are toasty warm reading my posts that you will remember that I am out in the cold, wintery conditions continuing my grand adventure.

SQUATCH ON!



No comments:

Post a Comment