Sunday, September 1, 2013




Last weekend was one of my favorite things to do.  I combined my love of Sasquatch with the joy of a child.  A friend of mine has a 9 nine year old son who is fascinated with Sasquatch.  I had taken him out several months ago and had so much fun that we went out again to a different spot.  One of the advantages of living here in Colorado is the choice of where to look.  This time I picked a spot purely on how squatchy it was.  It just called out to me.

Jordan and I started out on designated trails but there was nothing of interest.  I noticed up on top of a hill some aspens and pines that may have a ravine with a stream nearby.  I climbed up and sure enough the area was showing some promising signs.  I had Jordan join me and we went down into the spot.  As we went down to the stream, we came across a game trail.  I found 3 tree breaks in a row.  I found some tree structures too.  We did not find any prints but maybe next time.

We explored another spot that goes directly up from this spot that pointed to even more signs.  They are in the area.  I'm hoping to see signs that they are in there often and may even live close by.  I had to curtail the investigation because poor Jordan was worn out.  He keep wondering why our forest friends live in such hilly and hard to walk places.  I smiled and said that is why they do.

Children are unpredictable and impulsive.  Their joy of exploring and openness to possibilities make them the perfect squatching buddy.  Jordan played with his whistle.  He picked things up.  He examined just about everything and his drive to figure things out is the perfect partner.  I absolutely loved it.

The best part of my day was when Jordan was eating his ice cream and asked when will we go out again.  I couldn't ask for a better partner.

SQUATCH ON!   

No comments:

Post a Comment