Saturday, January 19, 2013

My husband and I met with 2 other SIR investigators today.  We met at a spot where I had found 2 tracks of prints almost 2 months ago.  I was by myself the first time there.  I was a bit overwhelmed with the sheer number of prints at this location.  There was literately thousands of prints of anything and everything going down to the edge of the water.  I took a deep breath and divided the area into a grid.  I spent well over an hour walking my grid.  It paid off.  I found 2 sets of tracks.  I did cast one of the prints.  It did not come out as well as I was hoping because of the soil conditions and it being my first cast.  Still it shows toes and is a good size.  Not bad for a rookie.

It was nice to go to this location with 4 set of eyes instead of only 1.  We wanted to explore a spot that looked interesting but could not because of the snow and ice.  We will do that later in the year.  We went back to the spot where I found those 2 tracks of prints.  Pay dirt!  My husband and another fellow SIR investigator each found a track of prints.  I cast one of the prints.  Since we had to wait for it to firm up we decided to check the another area.

It was beautiful but we did not see anything of interest like we did at the first spot.  This second spot was more out in the open whereas the other spot was isolated and a little bit more remote.  So we went back to the first spot.  The snow had melted a bit more and my husband started to look where the snow had melted.  He found another track of prints.  As I was working with the first print and digging it out of the ground the others documented the new prints found.  They decided to cast another print.  We ran out of casting material!  We could have cast 8 prints today!!!!!

This spot is so amazing.  For us to have cast a total of 3 prints on 2 separate occasion is great.  We plan on going back and camp there when it is warmer.  My mind just spins thinking of the possibilities that may happen when we do.  Of course I will keep you in the loop with this.

I am so blessed to live in this wonderful and wild state of Colorado.  Also to have made wonderful friends with other BigFoot investigators.  This makes my exploration addictive.  I keep wanting to find more.

Onward to more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment