Monday, September 7, 2015

Second Camping Trip to Roo's Place


After the first camping trip to Roo's Place, it was a natural assumption for us to go back the next weekend.  Correct, we went.  It was one of those trips that if you compare it to the weekend before you would think a disappointing trip.  Not so. 

When you have been out in the field as long as I have and on a consistent basis of almost every weekend then it is NEVER a wasted weekend.  Your presence and consistent basis helps keep a record of any changes to the environment whether by natural means or by our friends.  The more frequent the trips the better record you are able to record of the area.

We had wood knocks off and on Saturday night but nothing like the weekend before.  We did have something approach us while we sat around the camp fire.  Roo did a growl, barky scared short bark that I suspect she does when they are too close for her comfort.  She also will look off into the night at the ravines ringing this location and then freaks out and tries to climb into our laps.  Not typical behavior.  She is usually content to lay in her doggy bed between our camp chairs.

This weekend is what I would call the Signs of Bigfoot.  The signs are what I look for while scouting for a locations that may point to Bigfoot activity.  Well unbeknownst to Jon and I the signs are here at this location!  We found the signs after camping here the first time.  I am not sure if our instincts for looking for Bigfoot kicked in while selecting this site to camp and did not realize it.  I do feel this location was meant to be for us and for our dog Roo.

Oh! The structures found were amazing.  I am still excited about finding them.   My plan is to grid them, make a map with type of structures, and where at this location.  Many of these structures have been found by me and others at other locations hundreds of miles away.  To find similar structures and the amount found at this location hopefully will help me find patterns.  Maybe this will help me figure out the big question of what they are saying.  I have already figured out they are used as communication like we do with our road signs but hopefully I can figure out a little of the meaning.

So this weekend may seem like nothing to you but in my journey of discovery this may become a major point of learning for me.  This elusive, shy and amazing bipedal primate is so intelligent and savvy in many ways.  I really think hiding in plain sight with our perception of them being a myth has helped them to survive in spite of humans.  I will be sharing many things on this blog about Roo's Place but I will not share some of what I may learn that could be used to possibly hurt or put them in danger.  With that being said, I hope you will continue this journey with me at Roo's Place.  Its a wonderful place.

The next post will be about sharing and what I had found there that I did not expect.  So until then my friends...

SQUATCH ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment