Saturday, September 19, 2015

3rd Visit at Roo's Place


I know I had said I would talk about the unexpected gifting that had started there but I had visited this location before the third camping trip.  I went through my stuff to make sure my accounts at Roo's Place was accurate.  My third visit was actually a day time visit when Roo and I did some hiking and exploring about 45 minutes away.  I had decided to go check the place out and to have my late lunch there.  Also I did do some reading/relaxing before going home.  I am glad I went.  I had found a print there.  Right where we usually pitch our tent. 




I could tell it was not a recent print.  The pictures did not really show the toes clearly but there were toes in that print.  I had found some lighter impressions about 4 feet in a clothesline track line from this print going back into the trees.   My guess was that one came looked around and then walked back into the trees. 

I also did some more exploring around the campsite and found some more structures.  What I found fascinating about the structures was the manner in which they were made.  They were made in layers with many of the logs upside down and made by natural means seemed impossible because of the angles and distance the trees were from each other.  They looked purposely made.  I was not able to find the bottoms to some of them.  Also what I had found here that caught my attention was how the X was situated to the structures.  Almost every one of the big structures at this location had an X above and sideways to them.  Many of these structures had tree breaks incorporated into the structure itself.  Ringing the area were tree breaks.  Many I would call trail markers.  The more I looked the more I found here.  I am wondering if this location has some significance to them.  As far as I can tell they do not seemed to mind us there.

As I looked over my pictures and pondered what has been found and when found, I am wondering if the gifting was started because of my day time visit.  I will be talking about the third camping trip in my next post.  This third camping trip started the gifting.  FYI-This gifting was NOT initiated by me or my husband.  I was so surprised at what I found when I walked up from a very cool structure.  This first gift from them I would have never expected.  I am in a national forest and you don't expect to find stuff like this there.  Getting this type of gift I would expect from the group at my special spot but not at Roo's Place.  The two locations are 1 1/2 hours away from each other.  I am not sure what to think.  I have some guesses but that is all.

So my friends I will be talking about the third camping trip in my next post.  I felt this day time visit warranted its own post.  I still am excited about that camping trip and can't wait to share with you what had happened. 

SQUATCH ON!










 

No comments:

Post a Comment