Sunday, January 19, 2014

Telling the difference

Today I had gone with a friend to a location that I had previously found Bigfoot signs while out doing some sight seeing with my dog, Manny, 14 months ago.  I had always wanted to go back but with my limited time to squatch and many other Bigfoot obligations it was put on the back burner until today.  I had given this tip to my friend so he had a place to investigate.  I went today with him to see about the possibilities.  The signs were still there.  This will be a good starting place for him to get his feet wet investigating.  My plan is to help and support him at this location.

I came across this snow track of prints that was going down towards the water.  I was excited at first.  It had a 5 foot stride between 3 of the prints.  Then I looked closer but something did not seem right for it to be Bigfoot related.  Usually you are able to follow the tracks for a distance.  This track of prints seemed to change to the left and to the right of the 3 middle tracks.



When I looked closer I discovered that it was a track of deer prints.  In the middle where it was at least 2 feet deep the deer had jumped from one spot to the other.  That was the 3 I had first seen that was 5 feet apart.  


I was a bit disappointed that it was deer tracks but that is the nature of investigating.  A lot of work with little result.  I rather problem solve correctly than pass incorrect data off as Bigfoot related when in reality it is not.  If you are evidence driven as I am then you have to learn to read what the forest tells you.  All living things in the forest leaves signs.  It is up to me to know the difference.

The day was a good solid day.  We were able to find a few signs of their presence.  Just nothing sensational as a snow track of prints.  There was a spot that does show some promise of them using.  We will keep an eye on it and hopefully there will be a track there for us to find and photographed in the next few months.

Onward we go.

SQUATCH ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment