Saturday, November 10, 2012

 
It had snowed the day before and I was hoping to finds some tracks.  My husband usually comes with me but not on this day.  This was a solo trip.

I enjoyed the opportunity to take some pictures of snow and took some great ones of the stream and rocks.  Also I took some pictures of snow prints of a 13 striped chipmunk.  Of course I was looking and hoping for much bigger than the chipmunk.  You know the ones that a 8 foot tall bipedal would make. 

True to form, I walked more sideways than forward looking for clues.  I would walk on the trail until I would come to spots by the creek where there may be possibilities of prints and go down to look.   One time when I came back up from looking at the creek  as I stood facing the creek, suddenly some pebbles were thrown at my left shoulder and back.  As I brushed them off I looked around but saw nothing.  It surprised and unnerved me somewhat.  This picture is where it happened.  I have never had this happen before. 

I continued down the trail.  I went down in one spot where there was a huge boulder across from the stream.  I looked around and at the edge of the stream in front of the huge boulder a 19 inched foot print!  It was 9 inches wide.  The toes were sprayed wide apart like it was getting ready to jump onto the boulder across the stream.  I looked around and spotted a faint print behind about 4 feet in a clothesline pattern. 

After taking measurements and pictures I continued down the trail.  I stopped and was looking into some trees where there was some tree breaks.  I heard a knock.  I quickly scanned that area with my binoculars.  When I was doing this another knock was heard behind me to the left.  I turned to look but nothing.  I suspected that the second knock was to divert my attention.  It worked.

I continued down the trail and a couple of hour later I decided to return to the spot where I found the 19 inch print to eat lunch.  While eating I felt like something was watching me.  I felt it strongly.  The hair on the back of my neck stood up.  I finished my lunch and decided to leave.

What a day!  Exploring by myself was great.  It is days like this that keeps me coming back for more. 

SQUATCH ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment