Saturday, July 14, 2012

My objective with my research was never to meet a Big Foot face to face.  My fascination with this elusive bipedal primate did not extend to a face to face encounter with something that is 8 plus feet tall and weighs hundreds of pounds.

But that changed somewhat when I heard the whoop.  I felt a connection that I should at least try to extend a hand of friendship to this unseen forest dweller.  How do you do this and not alarm this shy but curious primate?  Or trigger an aggressive response?

I had to examine what my intentions were going to be.  I refuse to let the lure of fame or fortune be a factor in my decision.  Is this still a voyage of discovery?  Or the thrill of trying to find proof of my research?  What is my agenda with the Big Foot family that I suspect lives in my research area? 

  • Reach out to this primate in a non-threatening way that would foster trust.
  • Have a positive and inquiring attitude in my research.
  • Will not physically track Big Foot.
  • Be respectful of Big Foot and their home range.
  • Continue to look for physical evidence of their presence and to figure out their home range.
I have had some success with this.  I have come across some stuff that still makes me clueless.  This labor of love continues to unfold in ways I would have never predicted.  Who knows what this clueless person will find next.

No comments:

Post a Comment