Monday, October 3, 2016

Who Would have Thought Marbles Would be Fun At Roo's Place?!?


After Labor Day weekend I wasn't able to get out there until the middle of September.   I wasn't sure what to expect.  I had left a gift of food but no marbles.  I forgot to pick up some before going.  LOL  So this trip I had brought some larger sized marbles to share with the group there.  Not too much happened there other than two sets of eye shine watching us while we sat around the campfire.  Roo was the one who was freaking out.  My husband and I now act like its normal for them to approach us and try not to react.  I was excited about them watching us because the eye shine seems to be something they do there more at the end of summer and in October.  The premise for this is what we have had experienced last year and then this year.  So far it seems to be a pattern.  We will see if that will continue next year.

I left some colorful marbles that were bigger than the others I have used in the past.  I would like for you to look carefully at how I put the marbles on the log and in what order.  I will share more later when I share the pictures from this past weekend.



So I went up to Roo's Place for only one night this past weekend.  It was cold and we took our tent heater with us.  Thank goodness because it was very cold.  I had 4 layers of clothing on and it was still cold sitting around the campfire.

Remember I had said we try to not react to stuff while sitting around the campfire at night?  It was really hard for me this weekend because of what I saw.  What I saw is in the top 3 of the best eye shine I have ever seen.  AND I have seen some great eye shine in other locations.  Some were written about in my earlier posts in this blog.  As we sat around the campfire, Roo was watching several spots.  She had at one moment before the eye shine did a little bark and tried to climb onto my husband's lap.  I don't know why I looked into the trees while sitting around the campfire.  It was in the general area of where I saw the dark one earlier this summer.  I saw a light that was not bright.  In fact I saw it move up and then it got brighter.  It kept changing colors from white to red to white to a greenish color and then red.  I saw one and then two.  It looked like it was moving its head and moving around the tree truck.  I called my husband over to see it.  As he was trying to see it, I saw it moved straight down and then disappear.  He never saw it.  I am positive it climbed into a tree to watch us and then moved around when it saw me watch it and then left when my husband got up to look from behind me.  I have no doubt of what I saw.  I have seen this type of eye shine in two other locations.  There was no way it was someone else or it was stars.  Why?  It was cloudy and there was no one there.  Just my husband and I.  Below I have taken a picture of where I saw the eye shine.  It was seen in the middle of the photo and half way up.  No, do not think there is a Bigfoot in the photo because I walked over right after I took some photos looking for prints.  I saw some impressions that could be feet and maybe a couple of knuckle prints but not sure.  So I will leave it at that.
I want you to see what I found when I checked where I had left the marbles in the middle of September.  At first I was disappointed until I looked closer.  The marbles were changed around!
So I changed them and added a twig to see what will happen when I go again.  Check below on how I moved them.  I can't wait to see what I will find next.  Probably what I am not expecting since they seemed to do that.
Between the amazing eye shine and the marbles it was a cool camping trip!!!  What was I expecting?  I have learn not to expect anything.  When it does, boy does it happen!!

I am hoping to get one maybe two more camping trips there.  It all depends on mother nature.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

SQUATCH ON!  My friends, SQUATCH ON!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment