Sunday, April 6, 2014



One of the advantages of being with an organized group of researchers is the ability to go out and do some day time investigations at the last minute.  I did this on a Monday holiday in January.  Here in Colorado this winter the mountains have been hammered with snow.  Every weekend when I had planned to go look: it was snowing or had just snowed several inches of the white powdery stuff.  This makes it hard or impossible to get into the spots I wanted to get into.  So I felt lucky to go on this Monday holiday.

We drove to one of my favorite spots but we were not even able to get off the road.  The snow was so deep.  So we went to another favorite spot.  That is one of the things I like about Colorado.  I have many choices to choose from.  Thank goodness.

We were able to find some more new tree breaks.  We explored a spot that another investigator had taken a picture that had Bigfoot in it.  As we were walking around the area, I was getting whiffs of what I would call dead, skunky, dog poopy smell.  I am pretty sure there were a couple of them watching us as we climbed into this area and explored it.  There were signs of them every where.  Tree breaks, Big X's, tee pees and arches.

It was starting to get dark so we decided to visit one of our campsites close by.   We parked and then did some whoops and knocks to announced our presence there.  I played my harmonica.  I noticed some eye shine directly across from me.  So I continued to play.  After a while it became so cold we jumped into the truck to warm up.  This is one of the spots in the forest for some reason we are able to get cell phone coverage.  So what do we do?  We check our i-phones.  While we had our heads down looking at our phones, a very large dark shape ran by on the left and in front of the truck.  It looked like it was upright and not 4 legged like a deer or elk.  What is funny was our reaction.  We both remarked that we saw a large shape run in front of us, looked around for a few seconds and then resume looking at our phones.  We both have been doing this for a while and knew it was gone and there was no reason to be afraid.

Cool.  You never know what will happen when you go out.  I consider this one of those treasured moments. I have never experienced something like this before.  I have read about it but that was all.  Our forest friend saw us with our heads down looking at something and decided to do a run by to see what kind of reaction he/she would get.  Love it!!!!!!!!!

SQUATCH ON!


No comments:

Post a Comment