Friday, February 28, 2014


I had a unique opportunity to go explore an area that is privately owned.  It is fairly close to National and State forests.  What I liked about this place was that it has no accessibility to other people.  Much different to public lands.  This property is beautiful.  Very rugged and steep.  Several ravines runs through it.  It has one natural spring and a couple of streams.  Signs of elk and deer every where.  Perfect.

I went in there with 2 other investigators.   We found signs of them using the property.  Several of the signs found I think are territorial markers.  Good signs to see when you go into a new location.  We also have the opportunity in the near future to camp in several locations on the property.  We will have to be careful though there are mountain lions at this location.

This will be a new experience for me.  I can't wait to do more exploring and to camp at this location.

SQUATCH ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment